Mayor Ken Wilcox, who is running unopposed, made some comments about what he sees on the horizon for the future of Wayzata at the Wayzata City Council Candidates Forum.
Willcox indicated that there are several disruptive event that are going to occur over the next several years. He listed the following:
- 10 foot trench high pressure sewer line down Lake Street
- Improvements on Bushaway and the improvements proposed by the County
- Financial constraints will be limited moving forward.
- Maintain and enhance the central business district
- Retail businesses are critical to the community
- Helping with signage
- Waterfront area along Lake Street
Continue to improve quality of life
- Quite zone for train
City services are exceptional because everyone works well on the City Staff. Maintain the single family homes. He called it a cozy and wonderful place.
Wayzata.com is your running for Mayor unopposed leader.