Everybody Get Lakeside! Don’t miss Wayzata’s premier summer festival – The Wayzata Art Experience is back and happening on the shores of Lake Minnetonka June 23, 24 & 25.
The festival is expanding in every way with over 150 juried artists from across the country, floral art, 15 food trucks, a food artisan market, an activity zone for art lovers of all ages, a beer + wine garden, free sailboat rides, and live music all weekend long.
The excitement continues with “WaamFest”, a brand-new music festival, as well as a first ever Boat Light Parade added to the Wayzata Art Experience weekend.
Here are the top 10 highlights to look forward to:
- Shop and buy art from over 150 Juried Artists, many that travel from across the country showcasing an array of art in the following categories: ceramics, drawing/printmaking, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed media, painting, photography, recycled/green, sculpture and wood. Plan your visit ahead of time by visiting the online artist gallery at WayzataArtExperience.com. Show hours are Saturday, June 24 from 10 am – 6 pm and Sunday, June 25 from 10 am – 4 pm.
- Grow. Bloom. Start. Be. Don’t miss this year’s Featured Artist, Petals for Purpose. Floral art is the up and coming trend and you won’t want to miss the beautiful creations sprinkled along Lake Street. Whether it’s a front porch refresh, weAREables, or a stunning floral backdrop, Dawn Schelle (owner) does it all. Watch nature takeover and marvel at several big scale floral art installations as they come to life at this year’s event.
- NEW! WaamFest (Wayzata Art And Music Festival) is bringing big name concerts to Wayzata Beach on June 23 & 24, featuring Steve Aoki and Gryffin. This is sure to be a high-energy energy weekend of fun, electrifying beats and infectious rhythms. Tickets for sale at waamfest.com.
- Enjoy delicious eats from 15 of the Twin Cities best food trucks – everything from fried funnel dipped Oreos to classic gourmet pizzas and burgers! You won’t want to miss this line-up.
- Shop a wide variety of specialty food items from our local artisans. Items include gourmet sea salts, award-winning chocolate, premium olive oils, handcrafted nut butters, non-alcoholic fresh squeezed citrus-based cocktail mixers, gourmet sauces, cakes and more.
- Hit the Beer + Wine Garden! Craft beer, wine, cider, and seltzers will be served throughout the weekend. Shop and stroll with a refreshing beverage in hand.
- Experience the Island of Live Music – WAE will host talented local artists on Saturday and Sunday. On saturday enjoy Monica Livorsi from 10am – 1pm, Tom Hunter from 1-4 pm, and Sam Grabert from 4-6 pm. On Sunday check out Taylor Robert from 10am – 1pm and Zachara Scot Johnson from 1pm – 4pm.
- Art on the Water! The NEW Boat Light Parade by the Wayzata Yacht Club will take place on Wayzata Bay, Saturday June 24 from 9:15-10 pm. Spectators will be able to view the lakefront parade from Panoway on Wayzata Bay or Depot Park. The fun on the water doesn’t stop there. Returning this year, Free Sailboat Rides from Wayzata Sailing at 11 am – 2 pm both Saturday and Sunday.
- Get ready to experience performing art! Partake in Hip Hop & Breakdancing with Esteem Dance on Saturday. Classes will be geared towards children but all ages are welcome to dance with Esteem. And don’t miss the SOUL Ballroom Lessons and Performance on Sunday. The ballroom professionals will offer group lessons, mini 1-1 sessions, and performances.
- Wind up or wind down with Wayzata’s ARTY parties all around town! Enjoy happy hours with food and drink specials, hosted by local restaurants throughout the weekend.
“The quality of this year’s talent is unparalleled with over 150 artists in 13 different mediums. The Wayzata community offers more than just beautiful art. Fun activities are available for individuals and families throughout the weekend. And the food! So many delicious options, so little time. This year, we are proud to welcome WaamFest (Wayzata Art and Music Festival). Featuring Steve Aoki and Gryffin, WaamFest is sure to be a high-energy energy weekend of fun, electrifying beats and infectious rhythms on Wayzata Beach. Come for the art, stay for the fun!” – Brian Larson, Chair of the Wayzata Art Experience Committee
There’s plenty of shopping at lakeside boutiques and some of the best food in the Twin Cities with award-winning restaurants.