|Courtesy City of Wayzata|
The Section Foreman House was built in 1902 to support the section foremen and their families.
The section foreman was in charge of a section gang tasked with making sure the railroad tracks were in good repair.
The Wayzata Section Foreman House is believed to be the only section house in Minnesota still standing at its original location.
The Section Foreman House is located along the railroad tracks on Lake Minnetonka just east of where the Great Northern Depot stands. The depot was built in 1906.
With a Heritage Preservation Site designation in place, a site alteration permit will be need to be approved by the City Council.
The main reason for the site alteration permit is to ensure that no changes will be made that will impair the historical integrity of the structure. The process allows for more public input and transparency around proposed changes to historic house.
Disclaimer: Dan Gustafson, owner of Wayzata.com, serves as chair of the Wayzata Heritage Preservation Board.
You must log in to post a comment.