Good morning Wayzata, and thanks for joining Wayzata.com for the Top 5 Stories of the week. The Budget Shortfall at Wayzata City Hall took front and center of our stories this week. Some one’s house is up for sale, one female student athlete stood out above the rest, and much much more.
Here we go again, the Top 5 stories of the week:
Brought to you this time around by:
- Metro Photo & Frames, for the best in Custom Framing and digital photography. 1310 Wayzata Blvd E, Wayzata – (952) 473-9094 Click here to order prints!
- John Roti at M&I Mortgage, for all your residential lending needs. Call John at 952-697-4516 to refi your mortgage at historically low rates!
- The Wayzata Art Experience in downtown Wayzata, May 16th & 17th, 2009. Join us on Lake Street for over 90 juried artists, live music, garden art, wine, and delicious cuisine.
- Jimmy John’s freaky fast gourmet sandwich delivery. 1140 Wayzata Blvd E, Wayzata, MN – (952) 224-9669
- Budget issues at City Hall dominated the headlines at Wayzata.com last week. The City Council took action and made of number of cuts to trim the budget shortfall, Greg Rye delivered an impassioned speech about rallying the community and asking them what is important, and Wayzata Crime Prevention Coalition President Lynda Stahl wrote about why Wayzata should keep another Police Officer in the midst of an economic downturn.
- Tom Petters Bushaway residence has been put up for sale–and not by his own choice. Read all about it, and check out the listing. Got a cool almost $8 million in loose change in your pockets? Pick it up, and then invite the whole town over to have a look-see.
- Emily Staples was named the Wayzata Athena Award Winner for 2009 – which means she is the top female student athlete at Wayzata High School.
- The H1N1 virus freny in the Nation appears to have subsided, and Orono Schools were back open for business. Additionally, read a follow up statement from Wayzata Public Schools on the virus formerly known as swine flu.
- Those kids in the YES Club at Wayzata High School who walk to raise money for water treatment equipment in 3rd world contries (H2O for Life) took in another large donation last week, and have plans to put it to good use.
The Girls Wayzata LaCrosse team is 10-1 and poised to make a run at the end of their season in the Section Playoffs.
Stay tuned to Wayzata.com for all the latest news and information in Wayzata.