Good morning Wayzata, and thanks for joining Wayzata.com for the Top 5 Stories of the week. The City of Wayzata continues to wrestle with budget issues, free ice cream turns into a big money maker for a local charity, another local Wayzata football player gets drafted, and much much more.
Here we go again, the Top 5 stories of the week:
Brought to you this time around by:
- Metro Photo & Frames, for the best in Custom Framing and digital photography. Click here to order prints!
- John Roti at M&I Mortgage, for all your residential lending needs. Call John at 952-697-4516 to refi your mortgage at historically low rates!
- The City of Wayzata is facing a $300,000 budget shortfall due to the lack of development activity. The City Council is seeking ways to reduce the budget and has begun to chop services like the print edition of the Wayzata Bay Window.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream held a fund-raiser for IOCP by giving away free Ice Cream. Donations were were accepted inside the store, and at it’s peak the crowd numbered over 100, the line wrapped around the corner, and delayed traffic on Lake Street.
- Wayzata Alum James Laurinaitis was taken by the St. Louis Rams over the weekend in the NFL Draft (35th overall). Laurinaitis and the Rams will get a visit from the Minnesota Vikings during week five of the 2009 NFL season on Oct. 11.
- The East Neighborhood traffic survey deadline has come and gone, and Wayzata.com should have the results shortly. As of last tuesday, 44 post cards had been returned to City Engineer Mike Kelley.
- The Wayzata Softball team improved to 7-2 with a win over Armstrong, and the Baseball team fell to 3-4 after a loss to Hill-Murray. Additionally, the girls lacrosse team improved to 5-1 by beating Edina.
Sunsets Ice Out Party was a big hit with attendees. Kelli Quist won the grand prize of a $400 travel voucher from Minnetonka Travel.
You must log in to post a comment.