Tom Petters’ attorneys are indicating that the government’s attempt to restrict fees so as to preserve the assets for creditors makes it impossible for a good defense.
Jon Hopeman, Petters lead attorney, says that the team he has assembled will not be able to continue–and the team wonders if they will even get paid for the $500,000 in fees they have generated to date. Estimates to defend Petters are in the $5,000,000 range.
Read more about Petters’ attorneys here:
- Pioneer Press: Petters’ lawyers worry they won’t get paid
- KSTP: Petters’ attorneys go on strike
- KARE: Petters attorneys want to quit over nonpayment
- MPR: Petters attorneys want to quit over nonpayment
- Star Tribune: Petters’ attorneys ask to withdraw