So you are from Wayzata and want to know who is the who’s who of websites in town? Here they are, the most important and influential websites in Wayzata.
- Wayzata Public Schools – http://www.wayzata.k12.mn.us/ With a huge budget
of federal, state, and local funding, a staff of teachers, administrators, secretaries, and more, it’s tough for other organizations or sites to keep up with
the heavyweight champion in Wayzata.
It also includes all the the elementary schools:
Gleason Lake Elementary
Kimberly Lane Elementary
Oakwood Elementary and
Plymouth Creek Elementary.
Don’t forget the middle schools:
Central Middle School
East Middle School
West Middle School.
Last but not least, the juggernaut, one of the biggest high schools in the state, THE
Also includes Wayzata Family Access – the place you get your child’s report card.
- Cargill – http://www.cargill.com/ International and privately held food, agriculture, and risk management company that regularly issues quarterly press releases with earnings in the billions. We all know they are really located in Minnetonka, but every press release says Wayzata, MINN and they are in the 55391 zip code.
- TCF Bank – http://www.tcfbank.com/ Multistate banking company with branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan. Headquarted in downtown Wayzata overlooking Lake Minnetonka. Major underwriter for the new TCF Bank Stadium, home of the Golden Gophers Football Team.
- City of Wayzata – http://www.wayzata.org/ The official site of the City of Wayzata. Includes public works, City Council, Police, Fire, Inspections, building permits, the Muni, and much much more.
- Greater Wayzata Chamber of Commerce – http://www.wayzatachamber.com/ The chamber is a networking group that promotes the business interests of it’s members. The Chamber also sponsors big promotions such as James J. Hill Days, Music in the Park, and the Chilly Open.
- Sunsets – http://www.sunsetsrestaurant.com/ Upscale casual dining in downtown Wayzata overlooking Lake Minnetonka. Formerly known as Hart’s Cafe way back when.
- Wayzata Yacht Club – http://www.wyc.org/ A members only sailboat racing club situated on the shores of Lake Minnetonka. If you are interested in sailing in Wayzata, this is the only place to be. Because of the Yacht Club, Wayzata has been ranked as the top sailing town you have never heard of in the United States.
- Wayzata Capital – http://www.wayzatacapital.com/ A money manager specializing in
European and polish stocks.
- Wayzata Historical Society – http://www.wayzatahistoricalsociety.org/ The good folks over at the WHS keep us in touch with the past. The group puts together television programs on Wayzata Community Television, and makes presentations about the history of this wonderful community.
- Wayzata.com – http://www.wayzata.com/ The new media website that keeps local residents up to date on all the latest happenings in Wayzata.
- Wayzata Library – www.hclib.org/AgenciesAction.cfm?agency=Wa The only place you need to go when you need to check out a book you want to read, catch up on the local paper, and cruise the net. Also puts on great presentations for children like the recent Raptors show from the University of Minnesota.
- Wayzata Community Sailing Center – http://www.wayzatasailing.org/ Offers small boat training for the kiddies who want to learn how to sail the big boats later on in life.
- Wayzata Youth Hockey Association – http://www.wayzatahockey.com/ The official website of the mites, squirts, pee wees, bantams, and more. Helps to keep the outstanding flow of hockey players into the junior varsity and varsity Wayzata Hockey programs.
- Wayzata Eatery & Wine Bar– http://www.wayzataeatery.com/ A great place to eat in the Colonial Square Shopping Center offering lunch and dinner, as well as a full selection of wine.
- Wayzata Community Church – http://www.wayzatacommunitychurch.org/ Part of the United Church of Christ, provides opportunities to worship as well as as opportunities to see performances of fine music and arts.
- Lexus of Wayzata – http://www.lexusofwayzata.com/ New and used luxury car sales and service.
- Wayzata Football – http://whsfootball.wayzata.k12.mn.us/ Home of the 2005 and 2008 Minnesota State Champions.
- The Bookcase of Wayzata – http://www.bookcaseofwayzata.com/ Local book dealer that does a heck of a job with having authors in to sign books and meet customers. Also connected to the
Caribou Coffee shop on Lake Street.
- Wayzata Bay Center – http://www.wayzatabaycenter.com/ The 14 acre site in downtown Wayzata that contains The Foursome, The Orginal Pancake House, Bob’s Shoe Repair, Kraemer’s True Value, and more. On the verge of being raised for a brand new development by the Wayzata Bay Redevelopment Company to make way for 255 Presbyterian Homes senior housing units, 155 condos, a 100-room hotel, 27,000 square feet of office space, and 130,000 square feet of retail space, including restaurants.
- Wayzata Girls Rugby – http://www.wayzatagirlsrugby.org/ The website for the rough and tumble girls in grades 8-12 who play rugby for the Wayzata High School.
- Wayzata Lacrosse Association – http://www.wayzatalax.com/ Offers boys and girls in grades 3 – 12 the opportunity to learn and play lacrosse.
- Village Chevrolet – http://www.villagechev.com/ New and used sales and service of Chevrolet motor vehicles.
- Wayzata Results – http://www.wayzataresults.com/ Provides scoring and timing for races, meets, basketball games, and more.
- Wayzata Nissan – http://www.wayzatanissan.com/ New and used sales and service of Nissan motor vehicles.
- Wayzata Soccer Club – http://www.wayzatasoccerclub.org/ Offers soccer programs for boys and girls ages 5 through 19 years old.
- Wayzata Girls Basketball Association – http://www.wgba.net/ Works closely with the Wayzata Girls Basketball program by helping girls in kindergarten – 12th grade develop and play basketball.
- Wayzata Free Church – http://www.wayzatafree.org/ Multigenerational church, and part of the Evangelical Free Church of America. Provides services and
opportunities to minister in the community.
- Wayzata Investment Partners – http://wayzatainvestmentpartners.com/ One of the biggest if not the biggest manager of money in town. Has been in the news recently for the paper mill in Oregon strike that happened on Lake Street, and seem to have a controlling interest in the Star Tribune now that is has filed chapter 11.
- Wayzata Dental and Smile Spa – http://www.wayzatadental.com/
All right, I get the whole “spa” trend that is going on these days. That being said, Wayzata Dentals website is one of the best looking in town. In addition to that, they run a great blog that keeps us up to date on all the best dental tips to keep your smile healthy at http://www.wayzatadental.info/. Kudos to Wayzata Dental, as they are doing it right.
- Plymouth Wayzata Youth Softball Association – http://www.pwysa.com/
- Wayzata Bay Charters – http://wayzatabaycharters.com/ A 53 foot
yacht, Lake Minnetonka, and rides for a price. Sounds great!
- Wayzata Children’s Clinic – http://www.wayzatachildrensclinic.com/ A pediatric clinic that has been serving young people with their health needs for 35 years.
- Wayzata Properties – http://www.wayzataproperties.com/ A big time developer of commercial real estate. It started with a couple of buildings in downtown Minneapolis, moved onto the Boatworks in Wayzata, and has accelarated to include places all over the metro.
- Lunds – http://www.lundsandbyerlys.com/ Full service upscale grocery store in the Colonial Shopping Center.
- Wayzata Boys Basketball Association – http://www.wayzatabasketball.com/ Provides boys in grade 1-12 the opportunity to play organized basketball. Feeder program for the varsity team at the Wayzata High School.
- League of Women Voters – http://www.lwvmn.org/ Encourages informed voter participation in city, county and state elections. Also attempts to sway public policy based on it’s constituency.
- Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners – http://www.iocp.org/ Emergency housing service provider. Raises substantial funds via the annual Sleep Out.
- Minnetonka Center for the Arts – http://www.minnetonkaarts.org/ Provides art instruction, and exhibits in ceramics, painting, drawing, sculpture and more. Cafe on site.
- Hammer Residences – http://www.hammer.org/ Provides housing and care
facilities for developmentally challenged individuals. Also provides in home services.
- Wayzata Legion – http://www.wayzatalegion.org/ Local chapter of the veteran’s club of the armed forces. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hall can be rented for banquets and parties as well.
- Wayzata Lions – http://www.wayzatalionsclub.org/ Local chapter of the volunteer association. World famous for their vision program that collects old and used glasses to send all over the world.
- Wayzata Rotary – http://www.wayzatarotary.org/ Service oriented organization that meets once a week at the Wayzata Country Club.
- Wells Fargo – http://www.wellsfargo.com/ If you are looking for a big bank, they don’t get much bigger than this. Founded as a mail carrier last century, just bought out Wachovia.
- Wayzata Country Club – http://www.wayzatacc.com/ Members only golf club for the elite on the far west edge of Wayzata. Includes golf, tennis, a pool, and dining services.
- Anchor Bank – http://www.anchorlink.com/m – Small town community bank with friendly faces and personal charm.
- Morgan Stanley – http://www.ms.com/ Global financial services company located in the boat works. Home to the community famous John Beard.
- Perkins Capital Management – http://www.perkinscap.com/ Local money manager who has been in town for years.
- Merrill Lynch – http://www.ml.com/ Global money management firm who has just built a brand new building across from the Wayzata Depot.
- US Bank – http://www.usbank.com/ National banking firm on Wayzata boulevard.
- Village Meats & Deli – http://www.villagemeatsmn.com/ Local butcher, great for steaks, chops, burgers, etc. Also has a quick serve deli for a quick lunch.
- Five Swans – http://www.fiveswans.com/ Home decor boutique in downtown Wayzata. Follows trends, and seasons per the customer base wishes.
- Wayzata Bay and Grill aka the Muni – http://www.wayzatabaycenter.com/bargrill.html The Classic burger and beer joint and a great place to pick up a case of beer or your favorite wine. An institution in the community
- Woullet Bakery – http://www.woullet.com/ Decorated Cakes, Coffee, Pastries, Breads, Cookies, Tortes and more!
- Blanc de Blanc – http://www.blancdeblancltd.com/ Bed & Bath, Bridal, Baby, Children’s Clothing & Accessories, Christening, Collectibles, Dinnerware, Garden, Holiday, Home, Kitchen, Pet Pleasures, Serving Pieces, Snacks & Confections, Table, and Women’s Clothing & Accessories.
- Fleurish – http://www.fleurishllp.com/ Custom gift basket and stationery store for both individual and corporate gifting. Offers gourmet foods, monogrammed gifts, personalized invitations and stationery.
- E Salon – http://www.esalon4u.com/ Offers a full service hair salon, nail care, and cosmetics for men and women
- Twiggs SalonSpa – http://www.twiggssalonspa.com/ Offers hair cuts, styling, color, manicures, pedicures, and more.
- Graham Jewelers – http://www.grahamjewelers.com/ Fine jewelry and watche sales and service.
- Wayzata Marine – http://www.wayzatamarine.com/ New and used boat sales and service from Chaparral and Tige boats.
- Hillcrest of Wayzata – http://www.goldenlivingcenters.com/ Healthcare and nursing homes with an emphasis on teamwork and personal involvement.
- Nortech Systems – http://www.nortechsys.com/ Electronics manufacturing provider in the Industrial, Medical, and Aeropspace defense arenas, based in Wayzata.
- Bone Adventure Pet Gear and Grooming – http://www.boneadventure.com/ Sells pet grooming and gear.
- Lakeshore Weekly News – http://www.weeklynews.com/ Weekly newspaper covering the Lake Minntonka area.
- D’Amico & Sons – http://www.damicoandsons.com/ High end italian food.
- Gianni’s Steakhouse – http://www.giannis-steakhouse.com/ High end steaks, fish, and pasta.
- McDonalds – http://www.mcdonalds.com/ – Burgers, fries, and shakes.
- Sports Hut – http://www.sportshut.com/ High end retailer of sports equipment, skis, skateboards, skates, and more.
- Roger Fazendin Realtors / Minnetonka Title – http://www.rogerfazendin.com/ Local superstar of real estate specializing in the western suburbs.
- Carlson Wagonlit Ocean Air Travel – http://www.carlsonwagonlit.com/ When you need to go on vacation, Carlson is one of the best providers in the area.
- All Seasons Wild Bird Store – http://www.wildbirdstore.com/ Bird feed, feeders, books, CDs, Videos and more. When you want birds to visit your deck, this is the place to go.
- Travel Beyond – http://www.travelbeyond.com/ African safaris, Hemingway style. When the sky is the limit, and no place other than Africa will suffice, these are the guys to call.
- Copeland Buhl & Co. – http://www.copelandbuhl.com/ Tax and accounting services for the small and big guys.
- Jyland Distinctive Homes – http://www.jyland.com/ Builder of “distinctive homes” in the Wayzata and Lake Minnetonka areas.
- Keith Waters & Associates, Inc. – http://www.keithwaters.com/ Builders of Portico on the Green, Locust Hills, Palmer Pointe, and more for distinctive residential living.
- Wayzata BP Amoco – http://www.bp.com/ Gas, oil changes, and automotive service.
- Auto Center Bargain Lot – http://www.autocenterbargainlot.com/ Sales of used high end vehicles.
- Chico’s – http://www.chicos.com/ Jackets, coats, sweaters, tops, denim, jewelry, and more.
- Martin’s – http://www.martinswayzata.com/ Women’s apparel featuring classic, trendy, and up to date styles.
- Wayzata Masons – http://www.wayzatamason.org/ The secret society of stone cutters meets in Wayzata.
- Flagship Bank – http://www.flagshipbanks.com/ Checking accounts, certificates of deposit, real estate loans, and more.
- RBC Dain Rauscher – http://www.rbcwm-usa.com/ Wealth management firm.
- Fitness Together – http://www.fitnesstogether.com/ Exercise in an upscale way. Personal training, with an actual personal trainer.
- Jim Harper Insurance Agency – http://www.jim-harper-insurance.com/ Auto, homeowners, life, renters insurance and much more. You’re in good hands, with Allstate.
- Lori Line – http://www.lorieline.com/ Beautiful music, big hair, national tours, and a location right next to the Wayzata Post Office.
- Business and Estate Advisors – http://www.business-estate.com/ Lawyers and financial planners all rolled into one.
- Allegra Print and Imaging – www.allegranetwork.com/allegraplymouth/ Business cards, flyers, and more, Allegra is the source for your printing needs.
- Ben & Jerry’s – http://www.benjerry.com/ When you need a fix of high end ice cream, this is the place to go.
- Wayzata Bay Car Wash – http://www.wayzatabaycarwash.com/ The place to go when you need to get all the salt off of your car and keep it looking clean.
- Starbucks – http://www.starbucks.com/ When you need a cup of gourmet coffee from Seattle, this is the place to go. Has wireless access as well so you can access your favorite places on the net.
- Blockbuster – http://www.blockbuster.com/ One of the places to rent movies in Wayzata.
- The Retreat – http://www.theretreat.org/ Place to go to fight a drug or alcohol dependency.
- Pete Ice – http://www.anothericehouse.com/ – Local realtor that is actively involved with the community. Claims his family has been in Wayzata since 1875.
- The Brost Clinic – http://www.thebrostclinic.com/ Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage therapy, and more.
- Art of Optiks – http://www.artofoptiks.com/ – The place to go for hip and trendy glasses. Also has a blog: http://artofoptiksblog.blogspot.com/
- Lindblom Jewelers – http://www.lindblomjewelers.com/ Designing and repairing jewelry for over 30 years.
- Caribou Coffee – http://www.cariboucoffee.com/ High end coffee shop based in Minnesota and located on Lake street. A favorite for locals.
- Northcoast Restaurant – http://www.northcoastwayzata.com/ A high end restaurant in the Wayzata Boat Works building overlooking the Boat Slips on Lake Minnetonka.
- Juut Salon Spa – http://www.juut.com/ Style, color, texture and more in the hair care industry.
- Wayzata Redeemer Lutheran Church and School – http://www.redeemerwayzata.org/ Church that has a large campus on the west side of Wayzata with sanctuary, school building, and athletic fields.
- Blue Pointe Restaurant – http://www.bluepointrestaurantandbar.com/ Upscale seafood flown in from the coasts daily.
There you have it! Congratulations to the top 100 Websites in Wayzata for 2009. If you Agree, disagree, let us know either in the comments section below, or email Dan – wayzata at gmail.com.
WANT THIS STORY AND OTHERS EMAILED TO YOU?
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO WAYZATA.COM ALERTS!
You must log in to post a comment.