The Bushaway Neighborhood is extremely concerned about Hennepin County’s desire and plans to rebuild the 150 year old County Road. The neighborhood has being doing some research into the History of Bushaway Road. They also have a website, which lately has included this Youtube video called “Bushaway Roundtrip.”
From the Bushaway Neighborhood website:
You are invited to celebrate the 150 year anniversary of the first official survey (October 1858) of what is now Bushaway Road in Wayzata.
Date: Saturday, November 1, 2008 from 4-5:30pm
- 4:00 photographic exhibition with music by Courtney Yasmineh
- 4:30 panel of historians and early Bushaway residents(see below)
- 5:15 cake cutting by City Councilwoman Suzanne Bangert (tentative)
Where: Wayzata City Hall (Community Room, also known as the City Council room)
History & Early Bushaway Residents Panel (30 minutes):
- Kristen Eide-Tollefson, Welcome and Introduction
- Joanie Holst, Vice-President, Wayzata Historical Society (WHS)
- Irene Stemmer, Chair, Wayzata Preservation Board
- Ron Anderson, Professor-Emeritus, Univ. of Minnesota
- Kristen Eide-Tollefson, Early Bushaway Resident
- Harry Sweatt, Early Bushaway Resident
- Jane Noland, Early Bushaway Resident
- Zita Hawley Wright, Early Bushaway Resident (by video)
- 1918 photographs of Bushaway Road and Brooks estate
- Video of entire Bushaway Drive in autumn
- Slide show of Bushaway Past & Present featuring 15 houses over 50 years old
- Photographs of all 34 Bushaway houses Professional photographs of woods in autumn and other picturesque views of Bushaway
- Loon’s view of all Bushaway lakeshore homes (photographic display)
- Original 1858 Survey Map & other maps of Bushaway Rd
- Also, documents on Bushaway’s history will be available.
For further information contact members of the Bushaway Sesquicentennial Committee:
- Ron Anderson (email@example.com or 952-473-5910 or 663 Bushaway)
- Kristen Eide-Tollefson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Irene Stemmer (email@example.com or 952-475-0395)
- Courtney Yasmineh (firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-518-2306)
- Merrily Borg Babcock (email@example.com or 473-2999)
- Joanie Holtz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-751-1867)
Additionally, the Star Tribune has published a story about the pending political fight over Bushaway called: Hennepin County road’s past may shape its future. The Lakeshore Weekly News has an article entitled: Bushaway’s birthday.
Wayzata.com is your Friends of Bushaway leader.