Wayzata saw a flurry of activity this week. It was hard not to find something interesting to do or watch. Additionally, you can find this list of Top 5 Stories of the week being published in the Trojan Tribune, the Wayzata High School Newspaper. Editor Krista Logelin will continue the tradition of posting these Top 5 stories for the 2008-2009 School Year. Let’s get to it!
- James J. Hill Days – an absolute must attend if you live in Wayzata. A parade, a lot of westie dogs, dachshund races, classic car show, $6.00 foot long corn dogs, and a dunk tank full of elected officials all met in a weekend.
- Wayzata Football remains unbeaten after 3 games, and is ranked #2 in the Star Tribune Metro Poll. The Trojans beat Armstrong big, and the week before won over Minnetonka 24-7. Armstrong Write up, Minnetonka Write up, a full media coverage report, and the final word from Head Coach Brad Anderson.
- United Steel Workers March on Wayzata Investment Partners – Local capitalist bankrupt business buyers refuse to meet with blue collar workers who don’t want their standard of living reduced. Read the initial story, look at all the cops around City Hall 20 minutes before, and watch the video of it happening.
- Wayzata Mayor Andrew Humphrey decides not to run again and Ken Wilcox will face no opposition to take his place.
- Construction on Highway 12/394/494/County Road 15 drives us all crazy.
You must log in to post a comment.