Sept. 11 continues to be the target date Stahl Construction estimates that Wayzata’s Lake Street will be completely open.
Looking west from the Lake Street Plaza Park, Courtesy City of Wayzata
This week along Lake Street you’ll see Stahl crews working on the following:
- Continue installing precast benches
- Prep soil around precast benches for concrete
- Begin installing the metal panels on the restroom building
- Pave remainder of the bike path
- Remove job trailer
- Begin installing IPE on precast benches
- Continue landscaping and tree planting
- Pour concrete for the splash pad
- Remove and store salvaged items near RR crossings
- Complete shade structure install
- Install rock near restroom building
Beyond this week, Stahl projects the following items to be completed by the following dates:
- Continue installing IPE on precast benches
- Install finishes on restroom building
- Pave base course from Barry to Manitoba
- Pave wear course from Broadway to Barry
- Painting road striping o Install bike racks
- Assemble site furnishings
- Open lake street completely 9/11/2020
- Plaza area open to the public 9/11/2020
Begin demolition at Barry and Ferndale RR crossings (contingent on receiving permit from BNSF next week)
Continue work at Barry and Ferndale RR crossings (contingent on receiving permit from BNSF next week)
August 17, 2020
The Lake Street Plaza Park, a part of the Lake Street construction project, has been opened to the public.
It is located adjacent to CōV Restaurant.
According to the city of Wayzata, work continues on landscaping and plant installation, sidewalk and concrete pavement construction, irrigation and lighting systems.
August 8, 2020
At the beginning of July, a bathroom facility began to take shape on what was previously the CōV Restaurant parking lot along Lake Street in downtown Wayzata.
It is a portion of a $9 million construction project.
A month later, it has become the town talker.
August 2, 2020
According to Stahl Construction, the 600 block of Lake Street in Wayzata will be closed from 6 a.m to 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
The closure will allow the completion of planter bed landscaping.
August 1, 2020
Panoway Plaza Work Behind Schedule
As Phase 1 of the Panoway Project moves forward, portions of the work have fallen behind schedule.
The work on the plaza outside of CōV restaurant is one section of that construction.
June 21, 2020
$10M For Wayzata Lake Effect Doesn’t Make Special Session Cut
As new asphalt paved the way along Lake Street as part of the Panoway (Lake Effect) Project Phase 1, a $10 million request for Phase 2 stalled at the state Capitol.
A week-long special session ended Saturday morning with many items still on the table.
One of these includes a bonding bill.
This is the second time Wayzata’s request did not make the cut.
March 26, 2020
Wayzata City Council Moving Forward With Panoway Lake Street Project, Construction Begins Monday
The Wayzata City Council decided to continue moving forward with the Panoway Lake Street construction project at a special emergency workshop meeting on Thursday, March 26.
Construction will begin Monday, March 30.