Wayzata, MN, (June 11, 2019): Everybody get lakeside! The Lake Minnetonka Summer Splash is happening on the shores of Wayzata Bay June 21st – 23rd.
Kick off summer with the lakeside festival, Wayzata Art Experience, June 22 & 23.
- Attracting over 20,000 visitors to Downtown Wayzata, the event will feature 110 juried artists, 10 food trucks, live music, craft beer + wine, free sail boat rides, an activity zone for all ages, garden landscape designs, entertainment, and islands of live music.
- Meet this year’s hyper-local Featured Artist, The Lake Minnetonka Studio Tour, a core group of 14 local artists with studios in the Lake Minnetonka area that host an annual Open Studio Arts Tour every Spring.
- Learn about our benefit for Simpson Housing Services and their first ever Art4Shelter Pop-up at the Wayzata Art Experience. Where $35 buys you more than a piece of original artwork, it provides a night of shelter for a person experiencing homelessness.
- Cruise on the historic Steamboat Minnehaha. Discounted tickets available at the boat: only $5.
- Wind up or wind down with Wayzata’s ARTY parties! Enjoy happy hours with food and drink specials, hosted by local restaurants throughout the weekend.
Party at Bash for the Boardwalk, a lakeside concert outside of the train Depot, a stunning venue for live music. Jerrod Niemann will be headlining Friday night, June 21, and Saturday’s line-up will be announced soon. Tickets on Sale now at ticketweb.com
June 20-23, witness the Wayzata Match Cup, a world class sailing race featuring professional teams battling each other on towering M32 catamarans that are nearly 60 feet tall, and race internationally. Spectators can watch these magnificent boats zip across the Bay from the downtown Wayzata shoreline, or 6Smith patio and rooftop, the official regatta headquarters.
… and don’t miss Wine on Wayzata Bay, a nautical wine festival for a great cause located at Wayzata Yacht Club. Guests will be treated to delicious bites from local lakeside restaurant favorites, music, early evening boat rides, and an outrageous treasure chest raffle. Buy tickets at wineonwayzatabay.com and have fun Friday, June 28, while raising funds for the Mike Plant Center, the new home for the Wayzata Community Sailing Center.
Looking for more fun? There’s plenty of shopping at lakeside boutiques and some of the best food in the Twin Cities with award-winning restaurants. #ExperienceWayzata and visit LakeMinnetonkaSummerSplash.com OR WayzataArtExperience.com for details.