The Wayzata Yacht Club will host a benefit party for John Pearson on Saturday, April 23, 2011 from 5-8pm. Pearson is a long time sailor on Lake Minnetonka and a Deephaven resident. For the last 5 years he has operated a boat repair shop in Watertown. John can always be found at either Minnetonka Yacht Club or Wayzata Yacht Club or at either sailing school helping out with various projects, most of it as volunteer time.
|John Pearson. Photo courtesy WYC.|
Last winter, John suffered a severe pancreatic infection and cardiac arrest that lead to nearly two months in the hospital and another month in rehab. While simply lucky to be alive, he’s made a significant recovery thus far. However, his business had to be liquidated due to medical expenses and this event is intended to help get him back on some financial footing. This was largely a result of diabetes.
According to Dallas Johnson, “What’s really driving this is that John is someone who contributes so much to Lake Minnetonka, this is a way for us to help give back with silent auction donations or cash donations to Anchor Bank.”
If you go:
- Get your funky clothes out (Optional) and join the celebration (A Must).
- A Priceless Raffle Item you do not want to miss!!
- A great silent auction will close at 7:00 pm
- Minimum $20.00 Donation at the Door.
- Food, beer and wine have been donated for the celebration
- For planning purposes, please RSVP by April 15th to Valérie Petit
email@example.com or 952-212-1823
Attend or Send Money to
1055 Wayzata Blvd East, Wayzata, MN 55391
Jonathan A Crump/Carol A Kranz
“for the benefit of John Pearson”