6 to 7 p.m. Work Session – HPB Joint Meeting with City Council
CITY COUNCIL MEETING 7 p.m.
1. Roll Call
All members present.
2. Public Forum – 15 minutes (3 min/person)
Three Rivers Park District Update – Commissioner Sara Wyatt
Discussion of activities in the Three Rivers Park District
– Dakota Rail Regional Trail: Wyatt brought up discussion of parking issues for trail users
– Three Rivers Park District partnered with Embrace Open Space to produce an economic summary of how open space and park land can increase property values
– Lake Independence Regional Trail to be completed in 2010
– Baker Park will add four camper cabins to hopefully be open by July 4
– Luce Line Regional Trail near completion and will allow Wayzata bikers to travel to Minneapolis.
– Improvements in water quality have been made to Rebecca Lake Park Reserve
Presentation of Best Restoration Award – Chair of Heritage Preservation Board Irene Stemmer
Awarded to the Dodge Farmhouse.
3. Approval of Minutes: Minutes of June 2, 2009
4. NEW BUSINESS
a. Mayor’s Best Restoration Award – “Salveson’s” 218 Bushaway Road -Stemmer
b. Speed Hump Petition for Margaret Circle & Far Hill Rd -Dudinsky
Wayzata Director of Public Service Dave Dudinsky presented a proposal to put speed humps in Margaret Circle and on Far Hill Road. The reasons for the two speed humps is cut-through traffic through Margaret Circle and Far Hill Road to the frontage road to Wayzata Boulevard.
Motion for speed humps passed 5-0.
c. Introduction and give Oath of Office to new firefighters -Klapprich/Orsen
Fire Chief Kevin Klapprich introduced Anders, Damen, James and Corey as new additions to the Wayzata Fire Department. The new firefighters were given Oath of Office by City Manager Al Orsen.
d. Adopt By-laws Fire Relief Association -Klapprich
Fire Chief Kevin Klapprich spoke and noted the By-laws were presented to the council in June 2006 and again in November 2006. The Fire Department By-laws had been passed but not the Relief Association By-laws.
Changes in state statutes required the By-laws for the Fire Relief Association to be changed, according to City Attorney Bob Meller.
Motion to adopt By-laws for the Fire Relief Association passed 5-0.
e. Consider Transcient Merchant Permit for Outdoor Fireworks Sales at
Colonial Square (Renassiance Fireworks) -Gadow
City Planner Bryan Gadow presented a request from Renaissance Fireworks Inc. to sell fireworks outside Colonial Square for approximately two weeks starting June 19.
Motion to permit outdoor fireworks sales passed 3-2.
f. Consider Extension on PUD/CUP for Manitoba & Rice – Bob Ritter -Gadow
Ritter requested that the Council table the extension request until the next Council meeting.
Motion to deny extension passes 5-0.
g. Authorize Ad for Bid – Harrington and Ramsey Road Reconstruction -Kelly
Motion to approve authorization to advertise for bids passes 5-0.
h. Consider and Approve Municipal Licenses (Staff recommends approval) -Orsen
Motion to approve licenses for Chris Cakes of Iowa and Hippy’s Dogs & Brats passes 5-0.
5. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT AND DISCUSSION ITEMS
Change November 3rd Council meeting date due to School Board Election
(Recommend 11/4 or 11/10)
The meeting will be moved to Nov. 4.
6. PUBLIC FORUM (As Necessary)
7. ADJOURNMENT from regular meeting
Meeting Rules of Conduct:
Turn in white card for public forum and blue card for agenda item
Give name and address
Indicate if representing a group
Limit remarks to three minutes
City Council – July 7 & 21
Planning Commission – July 6 & 20