When you want to step outside the box and try something new with plain old chicken, spice it up with new twist by making Stuffed Chicken. It is a sensational way to add flavor to your week. Your family will definitely kiss the cook!
- 2 large boneless thawed chicken breasts or 4 smaller
- Sprinkle garlic powder and onion salt on chicken to taste
- 1 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup — I used low sodium and added garlic powder for extra taste
- 1 tsp chicken flavored powder or bullion cube
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 6 medium to small mushrooms – chopped
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs plain, or flavored, or crush croutons
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine — I used Country Crock Light
- Dried or fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded three cheese blend
- 1/4 cup Frenches fried onions
- Tooth picks uncolored
In a medium to small bowl, add butter that has been melted in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, add the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, shredded three cheese blend, a touch of garlic powder and onion powder mix.
Place the cream of mushroom soup in a pot or pan, add 1 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp chicken flavored powder of bullion cub, stir let come to a boil. Add the corn starch slowly whisking until thick and boiling about the consistency of pudding.
Take your mallet and pound out the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick, it may break apart but that is OK. Cut chicken into 4 – 6 pieces
Spray the baking dish with olive oil, or vegetable oil, or coat with cooking oil.
Place your chicken one at a time in dish, add about 1 tablespoon of the breadcrumb mix to the center, add the broccoli and mushrooms and onions to center, depending on how large your chicken is you can decide on how much filling.
Fold the Chicken over, place tooth pick in chicken to hold.
Poor the Cream of mushroom mixture over the chicken (use all)
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. When chicken looks done sprinkle chicken with the crushed Frenches onions and bake for 5 minuets.
While stuffed chicken is cooking, prepare fresh or frozen asparagus, coat baking dish with olive oil, put asparagus in dish, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, salt to taste, bake with chicken for 15 minutes. When you take chicken out of oven turn on the broiler and broil asparagus for 5 minutes or until slightly brown.
Serve with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Serves 4 plus!